Protein Banana Ice CreamCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
We all have gotten the late night sweet tooth craving! When you want something quick, easy and filling, from items you already have in your kitchen. With these common household items, we recommend this delicious protein banana ice cream! Easy, protein packed recipes are quite popular these days as more scientific information becomes top of mind regarding the importance of a protein rich diet. “Protein is found in essentially every part of the body,” explains Dr. Shane Volney, “Amino acids, found in dietary protein, are vital for building and maintaining healthy muscle, bone, skin and hair. They also play key roles in maintaining our body’s immune system, hormones and pH balance. They aid in numerous bodily functions such as digestion, blood clotting and metabolism.”
2 ripe bananas
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1/4 cup unsweetened almond, coconut or oak milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
Optional toppings: chopped nuts, shredded coconut, chocolate chips, fresh berries
- Peel and slice the bananas and freeze them for at least 2 hours.
- Once the bananas are frozen, place them in a blender or food processor.
- Add the vanilla protein powder, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Blend the mixture until it’s smooth and creamy.
- If the mixture is too thick, add more almond milk until you reach your desired consistency.
- Serve the ice cream immediately with your favorite toppings.
- This recipe makes 2 servings, and each serving contains approximately 180 calories, 15g protein, 3g fat, and 25g carbohydrates. Enjoy!