Ground Turkey Lettuce WrapsCourse: DinnerDifficulty: Easy
Cooking for 1 or even 2 or 4 doesn’t need to be so mundane!
GROUND TURKEY! Always pick up a pound of ground turkey – the most versatile, cheapest and healthier of the meats.
These better- than-PF CHeng lettuce wraps are quick and perfect for leftovers served cold or room temperature.
Whole of a yellow onion diced
2 tbsp minced garlic
1 lb ground turkey
1/4 cup tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 head of butter lettuce
¼ cup peanuts (minced/ground for topping)
1 cup cilantro (for topping)
Cup of green onions diced (for topping)
Sprouts (if you’re into them, for topping)
Sweet & sour sauce (for dipping/for the sauce fans)
- Saute onion & garlic in a pan once browned add the ground turkey to the pan.
- Add salt, pepper, onion/garlic powder, paprika to season the meat.
- Begin to add the sesame oil, fish sauce and soy sauce and continue to marinate the turkey, continue to add by taste.
- Rinse lettuce and begin to plate.
- Create a cute topping bar: sprouts, green onion, cilantro, diced peanuts, fried onions and voila!
- Perfect for 2 HUNGRY humans, could stretch to 4 with other appetizers